Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to get a digital receiver /recorder from an accredited Freeview retailer?
No. You'll find that a number of installers also sell Freeview approved digital receivers/recorders. While you don't need to buy from a Freeview accredited retailer, it's best to buy a Freeview approved product as only Freeview approved products have been sampled and rigorously tested to ensure compatibility with the Freeview platform in New Zealand.
Only Freeview approved receivers/recorders offer the following benefits:
- Automatically scans for new channels;
- Pre-loaded with the 8-day Freeview Electronic Programme Guide (EPG);
- Capability to access iteractive TV as it becomes available;
- Automatically receives over-the-air software upgrades;
- Parental Control Features;
- Warranty / Service guarantee & support
You'll see the Freeview logo in accredited retailer stores and on Freeview approved products. Find a Freeview retailer or installer near you.