Terms & Conditions
- This Freeview Limited ("Freeview") website is protected by copyright. You may print out individual articles or pages for your private use but no form of distribution or making available to the public (whether in print or electronic form) of any of this website's content is permitted. This copyright includes the Freeview logo which may not be copied, replicated, or used for any purpose without the appropriate licence being obtained from Freeview.
- Copyright in some of the content included in the website is held by its suppliers. These include Freeview's broadcast partners and various digital reception equipment manufacturers.
The listings of programmes are protected by copyright owned by TVNZ, Mediaworks, Māori Television Service, Radio New Zealand, and other broadcasters. None of the listings of programmes to be broadcast may be reproduced by any means without the express permission of these companies.
- This website contains links to third party sites. However, as monitoring the information disseminated and accessible through those third party site links is impracticable, such information cannot be guaranteed to be accurate or up to date. Freeview takes no responsibility for its accuracy.
- Any views or opinions expressed by advertisers or contributors in this site are not necessarily the views of Freeview.
- You acknowledge that neither Freeview, nor its suppliers or distributors guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any information on the website. You agree that neither Freeview nor its suppliers or service providers shall be liable to you for any loss or injury whether direct or indirect arising out of or caused by the use of any information on the website.
- The use of this website and these conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. Any legal action arising out of its use shall be brought and enforced under the laws of New Zealand. By using this site, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- Freeview will use information provided by its visitors only to communicate with them. Any information automatically retrieved, such as site browsing patterns, will be used only in aggregate form (so that no individual visitors are identified). Information provided by visitors will not be disclosed to third parties.
- The only exception to this is where you enter a competition or register for any promotional feature through this website. In this case, information about you may be provided to advertisers for marketing purposes. However, you will be given the option at the time of entering the competition or registering for the feature to decline receiving further information or further contact with Freeview or the advertiser.
- Freeview may also be required by law to disclose information you provide. Freeview will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- Nielsen/NetRating - Freeview uses Nielsen/NetRatings website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic visiting our websites. The service anonymously aggregates site visit statistics, such as number of pages viewed, time spent on site, and also randomly asks visitors to complete anonymous short site surveys. Nielsen/NetRatings has been adopted as an accepted audience measurement standard by major New Zealand publishers and corporate websites. Nielsen/NetRatings is responsible for aggregating all information; individuals cannot and will not be identified. The information is used by Freeview to better understand usage of its websites. Limited data is also made available to advertising and media organisations.
How does it work? - Each web page has a small piece of Nielsen/NetRatings code that will not be visible as you look at any particular page. The software stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to our website. This information is collected and aggregated by Nielsen/NetRatings and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you.
- Freeview reserves the right to change these conditions of access at any time.
Retailer and Installer Directories
- Freeview provides on its website a list of retailers who have been accredited to use the Freeview logo in association with selling Freeview certified consumer equipment. Freeview is not responsible for and does not warrant products sold by these retailers.
- Freeview has offered space on its website to TV aerial and satellite dish installation companies to help the public find an installer that suits their individual requirements. Freeview is not responsible for and does not warrant the products and services offered by these installers.
Freeview Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notice (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions included on the www.freeviewnz.tv website ("Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice included on the www.freeviewnz.tv web page posting for such Competition ("the Competition Notice ") and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- Freeview Limited ("Freeview") reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Freeview shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in New Zealand.
- Employees of Freeview or any company involved in the Competition or any advertising agency or web company connected with Freeview or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Freeview reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, eg a valid passport, visas and/or drivers licence will be required if the Competition is a car or includes travel outside New Zealand and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- Freeview reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Freeview in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Freeview discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, Freeview reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Freeview cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Freeview does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- You must answer all questions on the Competition form to be eligible.
- Competition participants (" Competitors ") must be 17 years of age or more.
- The Competitors biographical details and names and photographs and audiovisual recordings of the Competitors may be used for publicity purposes in all media by Freeview and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose.
- Freeview reserves the right to conduct security verification checks in relation to the prize winner at its absolute discretion. The prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming eligibility to accept the prize.
- The prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Freeview reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades, etc) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Freeview which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, Freeview reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- To the full extent permitted by law, Freeview will not be liable to the winner in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
- Freeview respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
- Facebook: Where the Competition is run via Facebook, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Facebook has no liability in connection with the Competition, and any information you provide in connection with the Competition is provided to Freeview and/or the Competition Sponsors, not to Facebook.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.